Tuesday 25 March 2014

Back again after a two year GAP .......

Just starting a bit like starting school all over again…..

Hi, this is my first post and I hope it’s going onto my Blog so here we go. My life has been in upheaval for the past couple of years with my lovely husband having terminal cancer , fighting so bravely, making it to 60 and then leaving us on 7th December 2013. My creativity disappeared during that terrible time but (T.G.) it is slowly peeking out every now and again. I strongly believe that to create anything is, in itself, healing so I am glad that I feel ready to start being creative again.
I have so many ideas that I am sure I will need at least three lives to complete them all. I am primarily a cloth doll maker, having made my first raggy doll when I was 8 years old. I now design my own patterns some of which I share and others I sell. Through life we meet new friends so when I moved across the UK to live besides the sea again I went to a quilt class to meet creative fellow crafters. I have made a few quilts since then but my main love is appliqued quilts rather than pieced ones. To be brutally honest I just can’t be doing with the accuracy needed in traditional piecing. A grave fault amongst the Quilting Police but I don’t care. My other love is free-machine quilting and embroidery, as well as creating small crazy quilt styled things (could be book covers for example). Crazy suits me, as I am sure you will realise before too long”
Thank goodness I have three dogs and one old cat to communicate with, my neighbours know I am crazy so does the Postman and the UPS guy. I fell over my dogs when one of the delivery guys visited and landed flat on my face at his feet; he now is very disappointed that it hasn’t reoccurred :O). However, we found out that we shared a favourite dance hall back in the 1960s, the California in Dunstable, Bedfordshire, UK and he lent me a book and newspaper cuttings which took straight back to my teens.
The first thing I have made since the start of this year is a little bag/purse/pouch for my new mobile phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 (as suggested by my son Ben). It looks lovely and I can now phone and text after three weeks BUT I am awaiting a Master Class in how to do all the other amazing things it’s capable of doing. Ben & David (sons #2 & 1) have been away snowboarding. I wish I had my life over again.
Got to walk the dogs, so see you soon.
Jane A.K.A. Curvy Creations because everything I make becomes curvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment